Enjoy Sweet and Tart Flavours Year Round!
ABOUT HIBISCUS TEA
Originating in North Africa and Southeast Asia, Hibiscus Tea is a yummy drink with an amazing colour. The tea gets is amazing vibrant colour from the Hibiscus flower (Hibiscus Sabdariffa). Not only is this tea pretty to look at, it also has many positive effects of your health. It's uses include soothing a sore throat, cooling down on a hot summer day. treating heart disease, and even decreasing blood pressure.
This drink is perfect for use all year round as it can be served hot or cold! :)
Below is a simple Hibiscus Tea recipe!
- about 1 tsp of hibiscus tea leaves per 8oz
- cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon to taste
- sugar or honey to taste
- slices of lime
- mint for garnish
1. Using the stove on medium-high heat, add water and tea leaves to a pot.
2. Steep tea for 5 minutes. Mix periodically.
3. Next, add sugar or honey to taste. Add the cinnamon and mix well!
Cover the pot to bring tea to a boil. When the tea is boiled turn the heat off and strain your tea!
for Hibiscus Iced Tea:
Follow steps above, but skip step 5!
After straining the tea, let it cool for 15-25 minutes.
Refrigerate tea (leave in fridge overnight for best taste)
Add ice and lime to a glass then serve!
Thank you for reading this recipe. I hope you enjoy making these tea drinks!